Atlas Air Worldwide
Atlas Air Worldwide (AAWW) is a holding company that provides outsourced aircraft and aviation operating services. This stock closed up 1.06% at $46.62 on Wednesday.
Wednesday's Volume: 651,000Average Volume: 204,674 Volume % Change: 219% Shares of AAWW were in play on Wednesday after the company announced a 23% increase in adjusted net income for the fourth quarter of 2012, with adjusted net income rising $48.7 million, or $1.83 per share. Full-year adjusted net income jumped 17% to $127 million, or $4.78 per share. From a technical perspective, AAWW soared higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $44.51 with above-average volume. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last three months, with shares soaring from its low of $39.30 to its recent high of $47.47. During that move, shares of AAWW have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of AAWW within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if AAWW manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at its 200-day of $47.14 and then once it clears more resistance at $47.47 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AAWW as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $44.51, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 204,674 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then AAWW will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $50. Any high-volume move above $50 will then give AAWW a chance to re-fill some of its previous gap down zone from last November that started at $55. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV