Monster Beverage (MNST) develops, markets, sells and distributes beverages in the U.S. and internationally. This stock closed up 1.9% at $47.59 on Wednesday.
Wednesday's Volume: 3.21 millionAverage Volume: 2.14 million Volume % Change: 120% From a technical perspective, MNST jumped modestly higher here right off some near-term support at $45.80 with above-average volume. This stock has been downtrending badly for the last two months, with shares dropping from its recent high of $57.36 to its low of $45.80. During that move, shares of MNST have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of MNST have started to rebound off that $45.80 low and its now quickly moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if MNST manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at its 50-day of $50.56 and then above more resistance at $51.39 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MNST as long as it's trending above its recent low of $45.80, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 2.14 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then MNST will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $51.39 to $54.34. Any high-volume move above $54.35 will then put $57.36 into focus for shares of MNST.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV