Mine Safety Appliances
Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) is engaged in the development, manufacture and supply of products that protect people's health and safety. This stock closed up 2.9% at $46.54 on Wednesday.
Wednesday's Volume: 426,000Average Volume: 96,560 Volume % Change: 296% Shares of MSA rose modestly on Wednesday after the company reported an earnings per share increase of 1.96% to 52 cents per share, versus EPS of 46 cents per share in the year-earlier quarter. Revenue decreased 2.65% to $296.7 million from the year-earlier quarter. From a technical perspective, MSA spiked higher here right off some near-term support at $44.97 with above-average volume. This move has pushed shares of MSA into breakout territory, since the stock took out some near-term overhead resistance at $46.34. That move has also pushed shares of MSA into new 52-week-high territory, since the stock hit an intraday high of $46.85. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MSA as long as it's trending above $46.34 or its Wednesday low of $45.44, and then once it triggers a new breakout trade above $46.85 with volume that hits near or above 96,560 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then MSA will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that move are $50 to $52 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV