Furiex Pharmaceuticals (FURX) is a drug development collaboration company that uses clinical development strategies to increase the value of partnered pharmaceutical assets and accelerate their development timelines. This stock closed up 6.3% at $36.27 on Wednesday.
Wednesday's Volume: 190,000Average Volume: 77,918 Volume % Change: 120% From a technical perspective, FURX soared higher here right off some near-term support at $34 with above-average volume. This move pushed shares of FURX into breakout territory, since the stock took out some near-term overhead resistance at $35.75. At last check, FURX hit an intraday high of $37.25. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FURX as long as it's trending above $35.75 and then once it triggers a new breakout trade above $37.25 with volume that hits near or above 77,918 shares. If that breakout triggers, then FURX will set up to enter new 52-week-high and all-time-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $40 to $42 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV