The George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates Appoints Chief Financial Officer
WASHINGTON, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The GW Medical Faculty Associates has tapped Kenneth W. Marter to serve as Chief Financial Officer. For the past eight years, Ken served the MFA as Controller. During that time he led the Accounting and Finance departments, where he developed operational and capital budgets for more than 50 departments, tightened cash control policies, instituted an ACH-based receivables process, and directed development of new employee and benefit plans that included electronic enrollments, a self-insured health benefit program and 457(b) retirement program.
"It is uncommon to find ingenuity with strong, steady leadership skills in a single package, but we're fortunate to have recruited that in Ken," offered MFA Chief Executive Officer Stephen L. Badger. "Ken's process improvements helped deliver revenue results which have fueled our expansion."
Over the past decade, the MFA has grown from 200 physicians to more than 950 physicians in primary and specialty care practices that extend from Crofton, Maryland to Winchester, Virginia. It acquired 2300 M Street from the Carlyle Group and is pursuing additional real estate.
The George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates is the largest, independent physician group in metropolitan Washington, and is an independent affiliate of The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences. It is comprised of more than 950 physicians who deliver care through twelve hospitals and 51 medical and surgical specialties, all of which are supported by academic medicine and clinical research. www.gwdocs.comSOURCE GW Medical Faculty Associates
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV