The National Press Club Marks Sunshine Week With Program On Freedom Of Information Act
WASHINGTON, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- During Sunshine Week, March 10-16, the National Press Club Journalism Institute and the Club's Professional Affairs and Freedom of the Press committees plan to help journalists and others obtain information that the government might not want you to have.
Reporters and watchdogs will offer tips on how to use the Freedom of Information Act to ferret out documents and data at a panel scheduled for 6:30-8 p.m. March 14 in the Zenger Room. It is one of several events to mark the annual effort to talk about the importance of public access to the workings of government and the people's right to know.
Panelists include award-winning reporter Charles Babcock, now an editor at Bloomberg News; Randy Rabinowitz, director of regulatory policy for the Center for Effective Government; and Bill Allison, editorial director at the Sunlight Foundation. The moderator will be Rick Dunham of the Houston Chronicle, president of the Journalism Institute and a past president of the National Press Club.Registration is required at http://www.press.org/events/how-make-most-foia. Club members can attend at no charge; others pay $10. SOURCE National Press Club
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV