For 2012, we delivered year-over-year rebased OCF growth of 7% in our western European operations, with particularly strong contributions from our Irish, German and Dutch businesses, which grew at 11%, 10%, and 6%, respectively. In addition, UPC Cablecom in Switzerland improved its rebased OCF growth to 5% in 2012, its strongest result in the last four years. Rounding out our footprint, CEE’s rebased OCF was flat for the second year in a row, while our Chilean operation reported a 7% decline in rebased OCF for 2012, due to a year-over-year increase of approximately $50 million in the incremental OCF deficit related to our wireless project. Without the incremental impact of the Chilean wireless project, our consolidated LGI year-over-year rebased OCF growth would have improved to 5% for the year ended December 31, 2012.
Our consolidated OCF margin 13 modestly increased year-over-year by 20 basis points to 45.9% for Q4 and by 10 basis points to 47.2% for 2012. For the full year, our OCF margin improved in both our Western European and CEE regions, with Western Europe positively impacted by our consolidation of Kabel BW. In addition, each of our Austrian, Irish, Dutch and Swiss operations delivered year-over-year OCF margin increases. Largely offsetting these gains, our Chilean and Belgian businesses experienced year-over-year OCF margin declines of approximately 500 and 140 basis points, respectively, due in part to the impact of wireless for both operations.
For the three months and year ended December 31, 2012, our reported operating income increased by 23% and 9% to $501 million and $2.0 billion, respectively, as compared to the corresponding prior year periods. The increase in each period was largely due to higher revenue and lower operating expenses as measured as a percentage of revenue. These factors were partially offset by increases in depreciation and amortization expense.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV