Fifth best: Tucson, Ariz.
Zillow found that young, single men account for 11.4% of Tucson's 520,000 population -- a 70th percentile rating when compared with the nationwide average of 10% -- and that those single males in the Old Pueblo place in the 82nd percentile nationwide in terms of disposable income. The typical unmarried Tucson man earns a median $42,019 a year but pays just $939 in monthly rent, leaving $2,513 a month for dates and other expenses.
"Tucson has the most affordable rents among the top five cities for [people] seeking men, and that certainly helps when you're trying to budget for dates," Zillow's Cory Hopkins says.Singles who've lived in town less than five years also make up 12.3% of Tucson's overall population, good for 78th percentile nationwide. (The U.S. average is 8.9%.) Hopkins says that's great news for people who move there to find true love, as newcomers often seek out other newcomers for dates. "It's easier to meet people and go out on dates if things that are new to you are new to them as well," he says. The University of Arizona's hometown boasts 133 single males under 35 for every 100 single females of the same age, putting it in the 84th percentile nationwide for the best ratio of eligible young men to eligible young women. The city's only negative for singles: it places in just the 55th percentile in terms of walkability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV