BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Real estate tracker Zillow.com this week released its first annual In the Move for Love Index to identify the U.S. cities to move to find Mr. Right.
"Today's society is more transient than ever, and when young singles are considering where to move next it makes perfect sense to consider how easy it will be to meet that person of their dreams," Zillow executive Amy Bohutinsky says.
Best known for estimating current market values for virtually every home in America, Zillow (Z) recently used its analytical skills to assess the 150 largest U.S. cities for a wide range of dating-related factors.
"We looked at demographics, median income, rent prices and a number of other factors to pinpoint the best places for singles under 35 to move," Bohutinsky says. "We took a scientific approach to something that's typically been assumed [to be] more art than science."Here's a look at the five cities that Zillow believes offers young singles the best chances for finding true love with a guy. (Click here to check out the five best municipalities if you're looking for a girlfriend.) All population and median-income figures are from the U.S. Census Bureau and refer to cities proper rather than metro areas. Ratios of single young men to single young women refer to people under 35. Zillow calculated each area's median rent using an in-house database, while walkability rankings -- included because young people on dates often walk to restaurants and the like -- come from WalkScore.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV