Essar Steel Algoma Releases Third Quarter Results And Restates Second Quarter Of Fiscal 2013
SAULT STE. MARIE, ON, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Essar Steel Algoma Inc. "ESAI" reported an EBITDA of $9.7 million and a net loss of $25.1 million for the three month period ending December 31, 2012. EBITDA is a meaningful indicator of the Company's profitability.
The results for the three month period reflect the impact of lower selling prices for the Company's products compared to the three month period ending December 2011, offset by higher volumes and lower costs. As compared to last quarter selling prices decreased by 5.8%, costs decreased by 12.3% and shipments improved by 19.6%. Shipments in the quarter were 655,609 tons, generating $457.1 million in revenue for the period.
The Company has restated and amended the previously reported condensed interim consolidated financial statements for the three and six month periods ended September 30, 2012 to reflect a change in the calculation of depreciation expense given the reassessed remaining useful life of its assets. The effect of the restatement is a $19 million reduction in depreciation. The impact of this restatement has no effect on the Company's revenue, EBITDA and cash position.
Chief Executive Officer, Kalyan Ghosh commented on the results, "Despite lackluster steel markets, our commitment to safety and the continued realization of our cost reduction strategies combined to generate improved operating results for the quarter."Essar Steel Algoma Inc. is based in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Revenues are derived primarily from the manufacture and sale of rolled steel products, including hot and cold rolled sheet and plate. SOURCE Essar Steel Algoma Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV