- Zipcar Acquisition – On January 2, we announced that we have entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Zipcar, Inc., the world's leading car sharing network, for $12.25 per share in cash, or approximately $500 million in aggregate. The transaction is subject to approval by Zipcar shareholders and other customary closing conditions, and is expected to be completed in March or April 2013. We expect to generate $50 to $70 million in annual synergies as a result of the transaction.
- Corporate Debt Repayment – In the fourth quarter, the Company utilized available cash and the proceeds of its issuance of $300 million principal amount of 4.875% senior notes due 2017 to retire $16 million of its convertible notes due 2014 and all $325 million of its outstanding 7.75% senior notes due 2016.
- Annual Stockholders Meeting – We have scheduled our 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders for May 22, 2013 in Wilmington, Del. Stockholders of record as of the close of business on March 25, 2013 will be entitled to vote at the annual meeting.
The Company today published estimates of its full-year 2013 results. For comparison purposes, these estimates exclude the effects of our pending acquisition of Zipcar.
The Company expects its full-year 2013 revenue to be approximately $7.6 to $7.8 billion, a 3% to 6% increase compared to 2012. The Company expects its Adjusted EBITDA to be approximately $725 million to $825 million, excluding certain items, a decline of 2% to 14%, reflecting increased revenue and the anticipated normalization of per-unit fleet costs.The Company expects per-unit fleet costs in its North America segment to increase approximately 15% to 20%, to roughly $275 to $290 per month in 2013. Total Company fleet costs are also expected to be $275 to $290 per unit per month in 2013, an increase of approximately 11% to 17% compared to 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts