ACE Teams Emphasize Food Allergy Education And Preparation On Valentine's Day
Request an ACE Training For Your School Or Workplace And Increase Your Anaphylaxis Awareness
MCLEAN, Va., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Valentine's Day often revolves around food—perhaps a dinner date at a nice restaurant or a box of chocolates for a loved one. If you or a loved one has life-threatening food allergies, are you prepared? Preventing anaphylaxis requires the skill to ask questions about ingredients and the confidence to say, "No, thank you" to any food with unknown ingredients.
"Like most holidays, Valentine's Day is challenging for people with food allergies because of the emphasis placed on food. Many people don't realize that food allergy reactions are serious and potentially life-threatening. Avoiding the food allergen is the only way to prevent anaphylaxis symptoms," say Anaphylaxis Community Expert (ACE) Team members Vivian Chou, MD and Amishi Murthy, MD of Illinois Allergy and Asthma Specialists in Evanston, IL. "It's not always possible to avoid food allergens at all times — accidents do occur. Therefore, it's necessary for people with food allergies to be prepared and carry two epinephrine auto-injectors everywhere, every day."
ACE Teams are comprised of allergists, school nurses, nurses, physician assistants, parents and others who deliver FREE evidence–based presentations to educate people how to recognize and respond to an anaphylactic emergency. ACE Teams deliver trainings to school staff, PTAs, school boards, daycare providers, hospitals, parent support groups, EMT/rescue squads and others who need or want to be prepared in the event of a life-threatening anaphylactic emergency.The program was developed by Allergy & Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics (AANMA) in partnership with the American College of Allergy Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) and sponsored by Mylan Specialty, LP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV