NEW YORK, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AYI - AreYouInterested.com®, a property of SNAP Interactive, Inc. (OTCBB: STVI), a leading social application developer, today released results from a survey revealing breakup behavior around Valentine's Day and how singles plan to spend the holiday. The survey revealed that today's singles are comfortable spending the day of love alone, with over a third of respondents indicating they won't honor the holiday if they've already fallen out of love. Of these, one in three respondents indicated they would rather spend the holiday hanging out with their pets if they were recently heartbroken.
The survey indicates that this Valentine's Day, dateless singles are comfortable with spending the night alone: two-thirds of respondents would go to the movies, eat alone or snuggle with a good book. Almost one third of respondents, however, indicated that they would continue to look online on Valentine's Day, aligning with the AYI - AreYouInterested.com® 2012 survey, which showed that singles would be comfortable using a mobile dating app to find a date around the holiday.
"We were pleased to see that a significant number of singles plan to spend the night looking for love online, a trend that continues to remain strong each year," said SNAP Interactive CEO and co-founder Cliff Lerner. "We feel these numbers indicate an emphasis on finding the right match rather than the best person to take them out to dinner. At SNAP Interactive, we're dedicated to helping singles meet new people and find love on our platform, AYI - AreYouInterested.com® – whether it's Valentine's Day or a rainy Saturday."Additional findings include:
- One in four singles prefer to spend Valentine's Day eating dinner alone
- Over one-third of singles feel that canceling a date via text is worse than canceling a date with one person to see another, canceling through a friend or keeping a date because they've already bought a gift
- Thirty-eight percent of singles would prefer to end a relationship before Valentine's Day instead of on or after the day
- While one in three of recently single respondents would prefer to celebrate the holiday snuggling with their pets, one in five would prefer to stuff their faces with chocolate
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts