ValueClick, Inc. (NASDAQ: VCLK) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012. Revenue met the high-end of its guidance range, while Adjusted-EBITDA 1 and non-GAAP diluted net income 2 per common share exceeded the high-end of their respective guidance ranges.
"We are seeing the early results of our initiatives to elevate our conversations with advertisers to become a more strategic and persistent marketing partner, while also executing on our goals of strong organic growth and profitability," said John Giuliani, chief executive officer of ValueClick. "We expect 2013 to be a watershed year for ValueClick, and we look forward to articulating our vision and strategic initiatives in greater detail at our March 14th analyst and investor day."
Highlights from the fourth quarter of 2012 include:
- Revenue of $199.6 million, up 14 percent from the fourth quarter of 2011 (Q4 2011);
- Adjusted-EBITDA of $77.1 million, up 26 percent from Q4 2011;
- Adjusted-EBITDA margin of 38.6 percent versus 34.8 percent in Q4 2011;
- Income from operations of $63.0 million, up 43 percent from Q4 2011;
- Non-GAAP diluted net income of $0.56 per common share versus $0.46 in Q4 2011;
- GAAP net income from continuing operations of $0.47 per diluted share versus $0.34 in Q4 2011; and
- Free cash flow (defined as cash from operations less capital expenditures) for the twelve-month period ended December 31, 2012 of $139 million, up 34 percent from the prior year.
The consolidated balance sheet as of December 31, 2012 included approximately $136.6 million in cash and cash equivalents, and $142.5 million in total debt._____________________________ 1 Adjusted-EBITDA is defined as GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) net income from continuing operations before interest, income taxes, depreciation, amortization, stock-based compensation, and acquisition-related costs. Please see the attached schedule for a reconciliation of GAAP net income from continuing operations to Adjusted-EBITDA, and a discussion of why the Company believes Adjusted-EBITDA is a useful financial measure to investors and how Company management uses this financial measure. 2 Non-GAAP net income is defined as GAAP net income from continuing operations before the impact of stock-based compensation and amortization of intangible assets. Please see the attached schedule for a reconciliation of GAAP net income from continuing operations to non-GAAP diluted net income per common share. Share Repurchase Program Update During the quarter, the Company repurchased approximately 113,000 shares of its common stock for a total cost of $2.0 million. For the twelve-month period ended December 31, 2012, ValueClick repurchased 6.6 million shares of its common stock for a total cost of $110.8 million. As of today, ValueClick's share repurchase program authorization is $89.3 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts