- CAI reported record net income attributable to CAI common stockholders for the fourth quarter of 2012 of $0.85 per fully diluted share, a 29% increase compared to $0.66 for the fourth quarter of 2011.
- For the full year of 2012, CAI reported record net income attributable to CAI common stockholders of $3.18 per fully diluted share, a 25% increase compared to $2.55 reported in 2011.
- Rental revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 increased 40% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011 and 11% compared to the third quarter of 2012, the 11 th consecutive quarter of record rental revenue.
- CAI invested a record $522 million in rental equipment in 2012.
- During October 2012, CAI completed the acquisition of approximately 71,000 TEUs of containers, for a net cost of $83.6 million, from German investors. Prior to the purchase, CAI managed these containers on behalf of the previous owners.
- During October 2012, CAI issued $171.0 million of 3.47% fixed rate asset-backed notes, the proceeds from which were used to repay part of the Company’s borrowings under its revolving credit facility.
- During December 2012 CAI issued approximately 2.8 million shares of common stock in a follow-on public offering and received proceeds of $51.5 million, net of fees and expenses.
CAI International, Inc. Reports Results For The Fourth Quarter And Full Year Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.