JEFFERSONVILLE, N.Y., Feb. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jeffersonville Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQB:JFBC) announced today fourth quarter net income of $1,076,000 or $0.25 per share compared to $1,072,000 or $0.25 per share for the same quarter in 2011. For the twelve months ended December 31, 2012, the Company earned net income of $4,361,000 or $1.03 per share, an increase of $455,000 or 11.6% compared to $3,906,000 or $0.92 per share, for the same period in 2011.
President and Chief Executive Officer Wayne V. Zanetti said, "The Company's financial results for 2012 reflect the conservative approach to doing business we adopted during the early stages of the financial crisis. We have been able to take advantage of the historic low interest rate environment and cost-cutting initiatives to offset continued weakness in loan volume and aggressive provisions for loan losses. In addition, we have pursued opportunities to reduce regulatory burdens and costs by deregistering from the SEC in June and by converting our subsidiary bank from a national to a state charter in December."
A cash dividend in the amount of thirteen cents ($0.13) on the common stock of the Company was declared at the February 12, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors. The dividend is payable on March 1, 2013 to stockholders of record at the close of business on February 25, 2013.Jeffersonville Bancorp is a one-bank holding company, which owns all the capital stock of Jeff Bank. As of December 31, 2012, Jeff Bank maintained twelve full service branches in Sullivan County New York located in Jeffersonville, Bloomingburg, Callicoon, Eldred, Liberty, Livingston Manor, Loch Sheldrake, Monticello, Narrowsburg, Wal*Mart/Monticello, White Lake and Wurtsboro.
CONTACT: For More Information, call: 845-482-4000 Wayne V. Zanetti, President - CEO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV