CHARLOTTE, N.C., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In a recent LendingTree survey of 1,060 homeowners conducted online by Research Data Technology, Inc. from November 16 to November 27, 2012, 79% believe that homeownership remains an essential part of the American dream. Additionally, 76% remain confident that if they wished to purchase a new home in the future that they would be able to sell their current home, obtain a mortgage and afford a down payment despite the recent recession and housing market crash.
Of those surveyed, slightly more than half believe the housing market will take 12 months or less to recover and only 19% are postponing a home purchase or sale because of a weak housing market.
"Low rates, affordable home prices, and a recovering housing market have created a unique window of opportunity for potential homebuyers. The good news is that the housing market is steadily improving and upcoming lending regulations will hopefully provide the clarity needed for lenders to have renewed confidence," said Doug Lebda, chairman and CEO of LendingTree. "Consumers still value owning a home and despite a few difficult years they remain optimistic that homeownership is a possibility. Now is a great time to invest in a home and make the American Dream reality, if purchasing a home aligns with your financial situation, goals and priorities."Consumer confidence is even stronger when it comes to home loan refinancing with 89% of those surveyed being confident that they will be able to refinance their mortgage with only 11% of being uncertain. One in three surveyed had already refinanced their current mortgage, 28% still plan to do so and a remaining third are unsure of their plans to take advantage of the historically low interest rates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV