FOX News has hired former Republican Senator Scott Brown as a contributor, announced Bill Shine, Executive Vice President of Programming for the network. Brown will offer political commentary across various daytime and primetime programs, making his debut on Hannity (9PM/ET) on Wednesday evening.
In making the announcement, Shine said, “Senator Brown’s dedication to out-of-the box thinking on key issues makes him an important voice in the country and we are looking forward to his contributions across all FOX News platforms.”
Most recently, Brown represented Massachusetts in the U.S. Senate from 2010 to 2012, a seat he notably took over from the late Sen. Edward M. Kennedy in a special election. While a member of the Senate, he was a known problem solver working with both sides in an independent manner. Prior to his time there, he led an active political career in Massachusetts where he was a member of the State Senate from 2004 to 2010, the State House of Representatives from 1998 to 2004 and the Massachusetts General Court.
Brown added, “I am looking forward to commenting on the issues of the day and challenging our elected officials to put our country's needs first instead of their own partisan interests.”He has also served in the Army National Guard for 33 years, currently holding the rank of Colonel, JAG in the Maryland Army National Guard. Brown earned his J.D. from Boston College Law School and undergraduate degree from Tufts University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV