NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Noted hedge fund manager Leon Cooperman of Omega Advisors has some juicy details in his latest 13F filing. He's initiated a new 3 million share stake in Facebook (FB), while completely selling out of Apple (AAPL).
Cooperman, who got his start at Goldman Sachs (GS), announced that as of Dec. 31, 2012, he and Omega Advisors owned 3.1 million shares of the popular social network. He did not have a position in Facebook prior to this filing.
Perhaps even more interesting than Cooperman's new stake in Facebook, though, is his lack of a stake in Apple. Cooperman, a long time Apple bull, has completely sold out of his Apple stock, as the shares fell during the fourth-quarter, amid concerns over slowing innovation and revenue growth. He owned more than 260,000 shares of Apple as of the end of the third-quarter, but held none as of Dec. 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV