Feb. 13, 2013
/PRNewswire/ --Inq Mobile today announces the beta launch of MATERIAL, a free service that maps your social DNA to deliver a personalized collection of news, stories and videos to your smartphone. To get started, download MATERIAL from the Google Play store
To view a video introduction and walkthrough of MATERIAL, visit INQ's YouTube channel
Just enter your Twitter or Facebook credentials into MATERIAL and it searches out current things you'll love from sources you'll know and new ones you'll discover. The more you use MATERIAL the more it learns from you, fine tuning your experience and evolving with you as your tastes and interests change.
"We have used our combined Android and social network knowledge to create MATERIAL which analyzes individual tastes and interests to give each person a unique experience mapped to their social DNA," said
, CEO & Co-Founder of Inq Mobile. "MATERIAL pores over millions of pieces of content to deliver the perfect combination that you will find entertaining, interesting and informative."
With the sheer volume of digital content out there MATERIAL aims to be a single source for all current information by applying a proprietary algorithm to your social activity, including the people you follow, the things you say and the things you do. It scours the globe for relevant content that it groups by interests. You can also easily add an interest if it's outside your existing social activity.
Pricing and Availability
- MATERIAL is unique to you, what you like and who you follow - we search millions of sites throughout the day to bring you the stories that are right for you in graphically rich editions.
- Takes no time or effort to set up – just sign in to Twitter and/or Facebook and MATERIAL delivers personalized content based on your social activity.
- MATERIAL adapts to you, so as your interests change, our app changes with you, while you still remain in control of your listed topics.
- It's not just the usual sources; MATERIAL gives you stories from places you never knew existed.
- If you love something MATERIAL has discovered, it's easy to share across your social networks.
The MATERIAL Android app (beta version) is free and available for download at the Google Play Store
. Tablet, iOS and Desktop versions will follow later.
Our Inq Mobile Journey
Founded in 2007 and based in
, we started life as a radically new type of business focused on putting social networks like Facebook at the heart of the mobile experience; something no one else was doing at the time and one the Facebook generation was crying out for. We focused on giving our customers what they wanted - not what other mobile brands were trying to sell them.
Our first product, the INQ1, did just that and won the best handset award at GSMA Barcelona for the revolutionary work we were doing with social networks like Facebook. Our first Android smartphone, the Inq Cloud Touch, continued to build our pioneering reputation by again redefining how people experienced Facebook on mobile. Always a software company at heart, we're now focusing exclusively on the software side of things where we've always excelled and our audience builds their lives around.