Intellect Neurosciences Issues Letter To Shareholders
NEW YORK, Feb. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intellect Neurosciences, Inc. (OTCBB:ILNS), a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of treatments for the prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, issued the following Letter to Shareholders from Dr. Daniel Chain, Chairman and CEO.
I am quite pleased by the progress we made in 2012 despite various challenging setbacks we experienced during the year. We put the funds we received from ViroPharma to good use, on the one hand by significantly reducing our liabilities and on the other with the following achievements:
- We filed several new patent applications to protect our product candidates and technology platforms;
- We in-licensed new technologies, including two antibodies that target early neurotoxic forms of tau protein, which have application for therapeutic and diagnostic uses;
- We initiated an important collaboration with the University of California, Irvine's Dr. Frank LaFerla, Chancellor's Professor and Chair, Neurobiology and Behavior School of Biological Sciences, Director, Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, as well as Dr. Kim Green and his team;
- We appointed world-renowned antibody drug developer, Dr. Dan Shochat, as Consultant, VP Development;
- We developed a detailed road map and signed a Letter of Intent with Lonza regarding the manufacture of our antibody drug conjugate, CONJUMAB-A, which is being developed for age-related macular degeneration.
- We signed a Research Service Agreement with iNovacia to evaluate lead compounds for the CONJUMAB-A program;
- We initiated testing of our TauC3 monoclonal antibody in an Alzheimer's preclinical model; and
- We mounted a strong appeal against the patent challenge we face in Europe from Pfizer & Johnson & Johnson.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV