- On the third Bell Let's Talk Day Clara Hughes leads millions in talking about mental illness to end the stigma
- 96,266,266 calls, texts, tweets and Facebook shares by Canadians on Bell Let's Talk Day means an additional $4,813,313.30 for mental health programs
- Bell has now committed a total of $62,043,289.30 to Canadian mental health
MONTREAL, Feb. 13, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Canadian mental health will see a further $4,813,313.30 million investment from Bell thanks to an outstanding response by Canadians on Bell Let's Talk Day 2013. People with lived experience, friends, family and colleagues, teachers and students, soldiers, politicians, entertainers, sports teams and players, corporations and competitors, all joined Bell Let's Talk ambassador Clara Hughes in talking about mental health in order to end the stigma of mental illness.
Bell Let's Talk Day also drives new investment in mental health, with Bell committing additional funding based on the extent of conversation:
- Bell Let's Talk Day 2013 resulted in a total of 96,266,266 texts and long distance calls by Bell and Bell Aliant customers, tweets using #BellLetsTalk, and Facebook shares of the Bell Let's Talk Day image.
- With Bell donating 5 cents for each of these communications, that means $4,813,313.30 in additional funding for Canadian mental health programs - a 23% increase over last year's Bell Let's Talk Day total.
- Bell Let's Talk 2013 really took off on Twitter, with 1,562,485 tweets and retweets. Bell Let's Talk was a top trend in both Canada and the U.S. on Twitter, with support from hundreds of thousands of Canadians, including Governor General David Johnston, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, federal members of Parliament, provincial premiers and ministers, the Canadian Armed Forces, sports teams and players, and Canadian entertainers including Justin Bieber and William Shatner.
"Wow Canada! What an incredible response to the call to help end the terrible stigma around mental illness. By talking so openly with family, friends, neighbours and colleagues about the real impact of mental illness, we're saying the time has come for this disease to come out of the shadows," said Ms. Hughes, Canada's six-time Olympic medalist. "The Bell Let's Talk conversation has grown significantly each year but the energy and scope of this year's campaign beat all expectations. On behalf of the untold numbers of Canadians whose lives will be improved by your participation, I truly thank everyone for making Bell Let's Talk 2013 such an incredible success!"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV