Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.), Duncanville (Texas) And St. Mary's (Phoenix) Hold Down Top Three Spots In USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 Girls Basketball Rankings
MCLEAN, Va., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mater Dei ( Santa Ana, Calif.), Duncanville (Texas) and St. Mary's (Phoenix) once again hold the top three positions in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national editorial rankings for girls basketball for the week of Feb. 11, 2013.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30 th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform, which includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.Windward (Los Angeles) added two wins to its record and stays at No. 4, while Riverdale ( Murfreesboro, Tenn.) finished the regular season with three wins and keeps its No. 5 spot in this week's Super 25. No. 6 Marion County ( Lebanon, Ky.) and No. 7 Dutch Fork ( Irmo. S.C.) remain undefeated and retain their positions in the current rankings. Good Counsel ( Olney, Md.)—ranked as high as No. 11 earlier this season—rejoins the Super 25 this week as No. 13 after defeating then-No. 10 Paul VI ( Fairfax, Va.) 73-58. Paul VI's loss knocks the team out of this week's Super 25 completely. Columbus North ( Columbus, Ind.), last week's No. 11 team, advances to No. 8 in this week's rankings, while then-No. 12 Hopkins ( Minnetonka, Minn.) jumps to No. 9 after adding two wins to its 20-1 record. St. Mary's ( Stockton, Calif.), previously ranked No. 18, falls to the No. 21 position in this week's rankings after losing to then-No. 17 Bishop O'Dowd ( Oakland, Calif). Bishop O'Dowd advances to No. 16 in this week's Super 25. Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports girls basketball rankings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV