Buccaneer Energy Limited (ASX: BCC) (“Buccaneer” or the “Company”) is pleased to advise that production from its 100% owned Kenai Loop #4 well commenced on Sunday, February 10, 2013. The Kenai Loop #4 well is currently producing at an initial rate of 2.0 million cubic feet per day (“MMCFD”).
The long term deliverable production rate from the Kenai Loop #4 well is estimated to be 3.0 – 4.0 MMCFD. Kenai Loop #4 gas production is in addition to the Company’s current production of 6.5 MMCFD from the Kenai Loop #1 well. The majority of the current total production of 8.5 MMCFD (1,400 BOEPD) is being sold to the local gas utility Enstar.
This production rate is currently limited by the installed temporary production facilities. In November 2012, the Company commenced the installation of permanent production facilities and pipeline connections at Kenai Loop; however, severe weather conditions meant that the build out of these was suspended in December 2012.
It is expected that the permanent facilities will be completed by April 30, 2013. Once permanent production facilities are in place, it is anticipated that the Kenai Loop field’s total production rate may be increased to 10.0 – 11.0 MMCFD (1,666 – 1,833 BOEPD). This represents a near 100% increase over the average production rate achieved in 2012.“We are very pleased that we were able to put this well into service within 30 days after the successful flow test in mid-January,” said Jim Watt, President, Buccaneer Alaska. “The speed and efficiency our team displayed in going from discovery to production with Kenai Loop #4 is a testament to our learned experience and expertise working in the Alaska marketplace.” Mr. Watt continued, “The continued success of the Kenai Loop project is very important to the overall business plan of Buccaneer Energy, and we plan to increase production from Kenai Loop #4, dependent on local gas demand.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV