3 Stocks Pushing The Utilities Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, Edison International ( EIX) is down $0.21 (-0.4%) to $47.79 on light volume Thus far, 419,781 shares of Edison International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.76-$48.31 after having opened the day at $48.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.00. Edison International, through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation and distribution of electric power. It operates in two segments, Electric Utility and Competitive Power Generation. Edison International has a market cap of $15.6 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 6.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Edison International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Edison International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Edison International Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the utilities sector could consider Utilities Select Sector SPDR ( XLU) while those bearish on the utilities sector could consider ProShares UltraShort Utilities ( SDP). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts