PCMA: 88 U.S. Representatives Urge USPS To Preserve Six Day Delivery Of Mail-Service Pharmacy
According to a recent survey, eight-out-of-ten small businesses want to be able to continue offering discounts that encourage employees to use the more affordable mail-service pharmacy option and consumers who use home delivery are strongly satisfied with it. In addition to greater convenience, mail-service pharmacies can save Medicare seniors, employers, unions, government employee plans, consumers, and other commercial-sector payers $46.6 billion in prescription drug costs over the next ten years, according to a recent study. Compared to brick-and-mortar drugstores, mail-service pharmacies offer deeper discounts and reduced copays.
- Mail-service pharmacies save Medicare seniors, consumers and payers an average of 15% on 90-day prescriptions compared to 90-day prescriptions obtained at brick-and-mortar drugstores.
- Mail-service pharmacies save Medicare seniors, consumers and payers an average of $22 per 90-day prescription compared to the same prescription obtained at a drugstore.
Signees of the letter include: Tammy Duckworth (IL-8), Elijah Cummings (MD-07), G.K. Butterfield (NC-01), Stephen Lynch (MA-09), Eleanor Holmes Norton (DC), Henry Waxman (CA-33), John Lewis (GA-5), Anna Eshoo (CA-18), David N. Cicilline (RI-01), Kathy Castor (FL-14), Jim Langevin (RI-02), Colleen Hanabusa (HI-01), Cedric Richmond (LA-02), Mark Pocan (WI-2), Bradley Schneider (IL-10), Dan Kildee (MI-5), Ann Kirkpatrick (AZ-01), Janice Hahn (CA-44), Joyce Beatty (OH-03), Pete Gallego (TX-23), James McGovern (MA-02), Cheri Bustos (IL-17), Julia Brownley (CA-26), Ron Barber (AZ-02), Timothy Walz (MN-1), Lois Frankel (FL-22), Sam Farr (CA-20), Terri A. Sewell (AL-07), Joseph Kennedy (MA-04), Sander Levin (MI-9), Chelllie Pingree (ME-01), Zoe Lofgren (CA-19), Derek Kilmer (WA-06), Jared Polis (CO-02), Mark Takano (CA-41), Tony Cardenas (CA-29), Donna M Christensen ( Virgin Islands), Raul Grijalva (AZ-3), Dave Loebsack (IA-2), Carol Shea Porter (NH-1), Juan Vargas (CA-51), Jared Huffman (CA-02), Mike Honda (CA-17), William Enyart (IL-12), Michael Michaud (ME-2), Jerrold Nadler (NY-10), Peter DeFazio (OR-4), Eliot Engel (NY-16), Tom Latham (IA-5), Lois Capps (CA-24), Keith Ellison (MN-05), Barbara Lee (CA-13), Emanuel Cleaver (MO-05), Albio Sires (NJ-8), Carolyn McCarthy (NY-04), Jan Schakowsky (IL-09), Michael G. Fitzpatrick (PA-08), C.W. Bill Young (FL-13), Scott Peters (CA-52), Rosa DeLauro (CT-03), Eni F. H. Faleomavaega (AS), Sanford Bishop (GA-2), Gene Green (TX-29), Mike Quigley (IL-5), Hank Johnson (GA-04), Nick Rahall (WV-03), Suzanne Bonamici (OR-01), Carolyn Maloney (NY-12), Yvette Clarke (NY-09), Jerry McNerney (CA-09), John Shimkus (IL-15), Donald Payne (NJ-10), Elizabeth Esty (CT-5), Kevin Yoder (KS-03), Rich Nugent (FL-11), Jim McDermott (WA-07), John Carter (TX-31), Earl Blumenauer (OR-3), Mario Diaz-Balart (FL-25), Doris Matsui (CA-06), Alan Lowenthal (CA-47), Raul Ruiz (CA-36), Linda Sanchez (CA-38), Donna Edwards (MD-04), Steve Cohen (TN-09), Dan Lipinski (IL-03), Ami Bera (CA-07), Adam Schiff (CA-28).
PCMA represents the nation's pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), which improve affordability and quality of care through the use of electronic prescribing (e-prescribing), generic alternatives, mail-service pharmacies, and other innovative tools for 210-plus million Americans.
SOURCE Pharmaceutical Care Management Association
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV