Senior Programs To Benefit From Governor Corbett's Proposed 2013-14 Budget
Highlights of the Department of Aging's proposed budget include:
- $20 million for the OPTIONS Program: OPTIONS provides care management, home-delivered meals, protective services and in-home services for individuals age 60 and older. Additional increases in revenue would help decrease the waiting list of 5,400 older adults who are waiting for home support and personal care services to keep them in their homes.
- $5 million for increased investment in Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs): Pennsylvania's 52 AAAs cover all 67 counties and serve as the front door for the Department of Aging services at the local level. The AAAs serve 600,000 people.
- $2 million for senior center modernization: This investment will help senior centers prepare for the changing demographics and enable them to provide the programs that address the need of a younger, aging population.
- $2 million attendant care services: The Attendant Care Program provides in home personal care services to help people with disabilities that cannot perform daily living tasks by themselves in order to remain in their own homes.
- $12 million for caregiver support services: The department assists 7,000 caregivers and families who support older, at-risk individuals in their home through the Caregiver Support Program.
- $10 million for pre-admission assessment: The department assists over 100,000 individuals to determine the most appropriate long-term setting.
- $227 million for PACE/PACENET: The Pharmaceutical Assistance Contract for the Elderly and the PACE Needs Enhancement Tier, better known as PACE and PACENET respectively, will be able to continue to provide financial assistance to more than 300,000 older Pennsylvanians for prescription medications.
For more information on the Department of Aging and the Governor Corbett's proposed 2013-14 budget visit www.pa.gov
Media contact: Christina Reese, 717-783-1550
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Aging
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts