Senior Programs To Benefit From Governor Corbett's Proposed 2013-14 Budget
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Secretary Brian Duke today spoke to a group of older Pennsylvanians at the Rutherford House, a senior center in Harrisburg, about Governor Tom Corbett's 2013-14 proposed budget.
The budget, due to the Lottery Private Management Agreement, provides an additional $50 million for programs that will enable older Pennsylvanians to remain living in their homes. This comes at a time when there is an increased demand for services due to the rising number of older adults living in Pennsylvania.
This $50 million is critical to older Pennsylvanians," Duke said. "It represents $20 million that would fund in-home personal care services and home-delivered meals to older Pennsylvanians and some of it also would go toward covering the cost of investigating reports of possible elder abuse cases, which increased by 22 percent in the past year."
Duke also said that a portion of the $50 million would provide money to help Area Agencies on Aging keep up with their growing demand and to fund grants for senior centers to make improvements, among other programs that benefit seniors."This $50 million intended in the governor's proposed budget is essential," Duke said. "By 2030, one in four Pennsylvanians will be 60 or older," Secretary of Aging Brian Duke said. "We are already seeing an increase in need for services and waiting lists exist for some programs. Additional funding will help those most in need, especially by reducing the waiting list for services." The proposed budget continues to focus on making sure that Pennsylvanians in need of long-term care services and supports are served in the right setting. It provides the ability for them to stay at home or in the community and it will give the commonwealth a reliable, predictable and enhanced source of funding by increasing Lottery revenues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV