Bread For The World Celebrates State Of The Union Address For Sparking New Debate About Opportunity
Bread for the World is also encouraged by the president's call for comprehensive immigration reform. Bread supports bipartisan immigration reform that addresses the root causes for unauthorized migration and facilitates the reduction of poverty in the United States.
"For centuries, immigration has been a mechanism for poor and hungry people around the world to escape poverty and provide for their families while contributing to U.S economic development," said Beckmann. "Comprehensive immigration reform can help reduce poverty overseas and in the United States."
Sen. Marco Rubio's (R-Fla.) response affirmed the basic idea that everybody deserves an opportunity for a decent life, but argued that we can more effectively foster opportunity for all with less reliance on government.
"Republicans and Democrats are now both emphasizing their shared commitment to equal opportunity," added Beckmann. "Initiatives to reduce hunger and poverty are often more effective when liberals and conservatives work together to design them."Bread for the World ( www.bread.org ) is a collective Christian voice urging our nation's decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad. SOURCE Bread for the World
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV