Friedman-Swift Associates: Auto Dealership Loyalty Gains Momentum
CINCINNATI, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly two-thirds – 62 percent – of new car buyers visit only the dealership they buy from and no other, according to research released today by Friedman-Swift Associates, an automotive marketing research firm.
"Not only do 62 percent of new car buyers not shop at any other dealership, but 66 percent of new car customers don't even look at other dealers' web sites," notes Jeff Friedman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Friedman-Swift Associates in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Stronger customer loyalty is perhaps the main reason cross-shopping is less frequent these days, notes Friedman.
"Twenty years ago, location, inventory selection and low prices were the three main reasons buyers chose a dealership," Friedman says. "Location still tops the list, but the second most important factor now is a shopper's previous experience with the store. Positive customer experience attracts more car buyers than either vehicle selection or low prices."As the most important factor, location accounts for 47 percent of car buyers' decisions to shop a certain dealership. Positive customer experience accounts for 38 percent. Vehicle selection and low prices account for 32 and 29 percent, respectively. Friedman-Swift Associates' research is based on 4,471 telephone interviews with new car buyers across the country in 2012. ABOUT FRIEDMAN-SWIFT ASSOCIATES: Friedman-Swift Associates is the largest retail automotive research firm in the country, serving over 6,000 automobile dealerships including most number one retailers in each line and most megadealers since 1979. For more information, visit http://friedmanswift.com/, email email@example.com or call 513-772-9200. SOURCE Friedman-Swift Associates
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV