Kaiser Permanente Wins Prestigious Eisenberg Award For Patient Safety And Quality Efforts
"The ongoing dedication and effort of our orthopedic surgeons, cardiologists and cardiac and vascular surgeons have paved the way for our success," said Elizabeth Paxton, director of surgical outcomes and analysis at Kaiser Permanente. "Thanks to their involvement, the integration into workflow — including rigorous validation and quality control — and ongoing feedback, we have made great strides in improving patient safety and quality across the industry."
Kaiser Permanente's electronic health record system is one of the largest private systems in the world. The organization's integrated model and electronic health record system securely connects 9 million people, 611 medical offices, and 37 hospitals, linking patients with their health care teams, their personal health information and the latest medical knowledge.
The other co-recipient of this year's award was Memorial Hermann Healthcare System of Houston.
Previous winners include The Society of Hospital Medicine, a professional medical society representing more than 10,000 practicing hospitalists in the United States, and the National Coordinating Council for Medication Error Reporting and Prevention, an independent body composed of leading national health care organizations, including AARP, American Hospital Association, American Medical Association and American Nurses Association, that come together to address the interdisciplinary causes of errors and to promote the safe use of medications.The Eisenberg Award is the most recent in a string of accolades given to Kaiser Permanente hospitals and health plans. In the past year:
- Seventeen Kaiser Permanente hospitals were named 2012 "Top Hospitals" by the Leapfrog Group, an honor that rewards medical centers for their outstanding success in areas such as reducing infection rates, safety practices, mortality rates for common procedures and measures of efficiency.
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare and Commercial health plans received No. 1 rankings for 2012 in 29 effectiveness-of-care measures, far more than any other health plan in the nation.
- Kaiser Permanente's Medicare health plans received a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the highest ranking possible, in seven of its eight geographical regions.
- Kaiser Permanente was rated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as having the three highest-ranked Medicare health plans in the nation.
- Kaiser Permanente continues to lead the nation in the number of Stage 7 Awards from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society. The Stage 7 Award honors hospitals that have achieved the highest level of electronic health record implementation. In the last three years, Kaiser Permanente has received a total of 36 awards in recognition of its health information technology expertise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV