SACRAMENTO, Calif., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- When the cheerleading squad from Auburn's Placer High hits the dance floor on Valentine's Day afternoon, it won't be in the school gym. Its members will be celebrating with residents and guests of Emeritus at Emerald Hills, a senior living community. The public is invited to its Valentine's Day Dance at 3:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 14, at the community at 11550 Education St., Auburn, Calif.
Admission is free. The festivities include a chocolate fondue and chocolate and wine-tastings as well as prize drawings. At 5 p.m., dinner will be offered for a $12 fee. A portion of the dinner proceeds will go toward the Walk to End Alzheimer's, a fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association.
"On the day that celebrates love and friendship, we're delighted that the generations are coming together to share this special occasion," said Mary Ann Peterson, executive director of Emeritus at Emerald Hills. She noted the party decorations have been made by first-graders at Bowman Charter School and fourth-graders at Skyridge School, both in Auburn.
The event begins early for the community's female residents, who will don their finery for glamour photo shots at 1 p.m. At 3:30 p.m., music from the 1940s and 50s will begin so the dancers can take the floor."This occasion is not only for our residents," Peterson said. "We invite people in the greater community to join us for fun and friendship that benefit a good cause." Reservations are requested; to make a reservation or for more information, call 530-888-8847.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV