LINTHICUM, Md., Feb. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) recently hosted representatives from nearly 100 U.S.-based defense product and services firms interested in supporting its open systems architecture for the U.S. Navy's Air and Missile Defense Radar (AMDR) program.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=17136 .
AMDR is the Navy's next-generation radar system planned for the DDG-51 Flight III vessel. The scalable, multimission radar system is intended to provide unprecedented situational awareness to easily detect, track and engage ballistic missiles in high clutter environments. Northrop Grumman is competing for the AMDR program.AMDR Industry Day brought together a wide range of technology businesses interested in providing hardware and software components for Northrop Grumman's AMDR offering. Northrop Grumman's AMDR features a modular, open and scalable architecture coupled with an open business model intended to increase innovation and life cycle affordability through broader industry participation, with the objective of lowering total ownership costs. "Northrop Grumman's commitment to affordability, open systems architecture and an open business model is more than just a promise – it's a practice," said Pat Antkowiak, sector vice president and general manager of Northrop Grumman's Advanced Concepts and Technologies Division. "The willingness of so many companies to consider partnering and working in such an open environment shows the utility and relevance of this approach."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV