Crisis-hit Greece Backs Pipeline For Caspian Gas
European governments are keen to bring Azeri gas to their markets, and ease current domination by Russia.
Kjetil Tungland, TAP's Managing Director, argued the venture would also spur other badly-needed growth-boosting projects in Greece.
"Projects like TAP signal confidence for other investors," he said.
The TAP route would connect with a pipeline in Turkey and cover 478 kilometers (297.03 miles) in Greece, 209 kilometers (129.87 miles) in Albania, and include a 105-kilometer (65-miles) undersea section before reaching southern Italy. It would run as deep as 810 meters (2,650 feet) below the surface of the Adriatic Sea.The Nabucco pipeline, which would only run across land, would extend for 1,300 kilometers (808 miles).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV