SAN DIEGO, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPG), the company's Regenerative Medicine business, its community education program HealTogether, and celebrity chef Charles Mattocks announced today the launch of "The Diabetic You" Mobile Tour. The multi-city tour will stop in Tucson, AZ, Phoenix, AZ, San Diego, CA, Los Angeles and Santa Clara, CA, and feature an array of experts traveling in a brightly-colored recreational vehicle (RV) fully equipped for cooking demonstrations and information stations. "The Diabetic You" tour is designed to provide visitors with easy access to resources to help understand the complications of diabetes.
"Being aware of the complications related to diabetes may help prevent or delay serious issues down the road," said Matthew Pauls, Senior Vice President of Global Commercial Operations for Shire Regenerative Medicine, Inc. "By partnering with Charles Mattocks, we are bringing information and access to experts directly to the people who need it most. Our goal is to increase awareness about the management and treatment of these issues."
Pauls continued, "With the right medical care and healthy life choices, people with diabetes and those touched by diabetes can continue to enjoy life to the fullest."
An avid advocate for patients with diabetes, Mattocks began creating 'The Diabetic You,' a documentary and movement focused on educating and inspiring people around the world. Also known as "The Poor Chef", Mattocks is the author of Eat Cheap but Eat Well and is a frequent speaker on the topic of diabetes."After I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, I made it a personal mission to help educate the public about living healthier lives -- starting with healthy eating," said Mattocks. "Together with Shire Regenerative Medicine, I hope to increase awareness not only about the management of diabetes, but stop the ravages of the deadly disease."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV