HONOLULU, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To help grant the wishes of local children with life-threatening medical conditions, Alaska Airlines is donating 1 million miles to Make-A-Wish ® Hawaii. The airline also asked the community to help raise 1 million more miles. As part of the new partnership with the nonprofit, the Seattle-based airline will also donate 100 miles to Make-A-Wish for every Hawaii resident who registers for a new Mileage Plan account during 2013, up to 1 million additional miles.
The gift and new campaign were announced at a dinner last night hosted by Alaska Airlines' board of directors and senior executives. Nearly 300 of Hawaii's government, tourism, business and community leaders attended the event, held at The Royal Hawaiian.
To sign up for the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, Hawaii residents can visit www.alaskaair.com and click on the Mileage Plan link located in the right corner of the home page.
"Alaska Airlines and our employees have been strong supporters of Make-A-Wish for nearly three decades and we're delighted to extend our involvement here in the Islands to support Hawaii keiki facing life-threatening illness with this gift of 1 million miles," said Joe Sprague, Alaska Airlines' vice president of marketing. "We are deeply honored to have the opportunity to help make children's wishes come true and bring joy to a child's life during a difficult time. We hope all Hawaii residents will 'Share the Power of a Wish' by simply signing up for our Mileage Plan and encouraging their family and friends to support the important work of Make-A-Wish by joining, as well."Of the 80 wishes Make-A-Wish Hawaii aims to grant this year, nearly 90 percent are travel-related, making air transportation vital to the organization's mission. Sprague estimates that each 1-million-mile donation could help another 25 Hawaii wish children and their families fly to their wish destination.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV