HOPKINTON, Mass., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Farm Credit Mid-America, an agricultural cooperative serving more than 95,000 farmers, agribusinesses and rural residents, selected EMC ® VNX® unified storage over NetApp and Dell storage for its superior performance, scalability and manageability. Farm Credit also chose EMC RecoverPoint™ for comprehensive disaster recovery. By transforming its business operations with EMC technologies, Farm Credit Mid-America is enabling its loan specialists to deliver responsive customer service, generate more revenue and perform their jobs with increased efficiency.
- Better Performance — Farm Credit Mid-America reported performance improvements of up to 79% for mission-critical applications, such as Microsoft SharePoint and SQL Server.
- Cost Savings — By leveraging a FLASH 1 st strategy on VNX, Farm Credit is handling 45% of its I/O requirements on only 1% of its total capacity, reducing CAPEX expenditures for disk drives and decreasing the consumption of power and cooling resources, lowering OPEX.
- Improved Data Protection — Farm Credit Mid-America attributes recovery timeframes shrinking from 12 hours to nearly zero to its disaster recovery infrastructure comprised of EMC RecoverPoint.
- Increased Efficiency — With easy management and automation, VNX has enabled Farm Credit to reduce time spent on storage administration tasks by one FTE, allowing it to reallocate resources to other projects.
Customer Challenges and Solution:
Farm Credit previously depended on an aging Xiotech storage infrastructure that lacked the performance and scalability to meet increasing data growth. The storage infrastructure also was time-consuming and costly to manage. Data protection was another challenge since Farm Credit's tape-based backup and remote data replication solutions were often unreliable.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts