SALT LAKE CITY
Feb. 13, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- According to an
(NASDAQ: OSTK) survey of 474 of its customers, earrings are the most desired jewelry gift for
, with 49 percent of the survey participants choosing earrings over necklaces, rings, bracelets or watches. Surprisingly, engagement rings are less in demand this year. Only 8 percent of survey respondents designated engagement rings as their choice for a Valentine's gift.
"From studs to dangles, gold or silver, and with over 11,500 sets to choose from, Overstock.com has an excellent selection of great
," says Overstock.com acting CEO,
. "Customers will find everything from diamonds to pearls to precious stones as well as Cubic Zirconia, all at a great value, for gifts or to get ready for that special night out."
According to an Overstock.com survey:
- 31 percent plan on spending between $50-99 on Valentine's Day related gifts and 28 percent plan on spending $100-$299.
- Gift recipients will be a spouse/partner said 87 percent of customers surveyed, with 46 percent buying for their children.
- Although earrings are the most wanted item, more people this year plan on buying necklaces as the jewelry gift of choice.
- Greeting cards and chocolate will be the favorite non-jewelry Valentines gift this year.
Other interesting survey findings:
- 66 percent start shopping for Valentine's Day 1-2 weeks early.
- December's holiday purchases will not impact the amount 87 percent of those surveyed will spend on Valentine's Day presents.
This survey is part of The Overstock.com Voice, a 3,000 member panel of real Overstock.com customers, who provide consumer information to the company.