SALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- According to an Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSTK) survey of 474 of its customers, earrings are the most desired jewelry gift for Valentine's Day, with 49 percent of the survey participants choosing earrings over necklaces, rings, bracelets or watches. Surprisingly, engagement rings are less in demand this year. Only 8 percent of survey respondents designated engagement rings as their choice for a Valentine's gift.
"From studs to dangles, gold or silver, and with over 11,500 sets to choose from, Overstock.com has an excellent selection of great earrings for Valentine's Day," says Overstock.com acting CEO, Jonathan Johnson. "Customers will find everything from diamonds to pearls to precious stones as well as Cubic Zirconia, all at a great value, for gifts or to get ready for that special night out."
According to an Overstock.com survey:
- 31 percent plan on spending between $50-99 on Valentine's Day related gifts and 28 percent plan on spending $100-$299.
- Gift recipients will be a spouse/partner said 87 percent of customers surveyed, with 46 percent buying for their children.
- Although earrings are the most wanted item, more people this year plan on buying necklaces as the jewelry gift of choice.
- Greeting cards and chocolate will be the favorite non-jewelry Valentines gift this year.
- 66 percent start shopping for Valentine's Day 1-2 weeks early.
- December's holiday purchases will not impact the amount 87 percent of those surveyed will spend on Valentine's Day presents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV