Single and Loving It
According to the survey, the vast majority of single baby boomers (81 percent) think the best thing about being single is having freedom to do what they want, when they want to do it. Thirty-three percent of single boomers said this "freedom" gives them the opportunity to engage in social activities, hobbies and spend time with friends.
Meanwhile, men and women differ when asked about other reasons they like being single:
- 34 percent of women said they like not having to clean up after another person, compared to 14 percent of men.
- 17 percent of women like having a bed to themselves, compared to 7 percent of men.
About the Survey
The Del Webb Baby Boomer Survey polled 521 online single adults 50 years and older across the U.S. to identify social trends and preferences among this group. The survey was conducted online by Russell Research
January 18 – 21, 2013. At a 95 percent confidence level, a margin of sample error of +/- 4.2% applies to the sample. Figures for gender, age and geography were weighted where necessary to match their actual proportions in the population.
About Del Webb
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV