(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Now it’s getting even easier to enjoy music in your car—starting today, Amazon Cloud Player is available in Ford SYNC Applink-equipped vehicles. Ford owners can now wirelessly connect the Amazon MP3 app on their Android smartphone to the SYNC connectivity system to access and enjoy their entire Cloud Player music library in their car using simple voice commands or the audio controls. Ford Applink-equipped vehicles include the 2013 Ford Fiesta, Mustang, Focus, E-Series, C-MAX Hybrid, Expedition, Fusion, F-150 and Super Duty models. For more information, customers can visit Amazon.com/cloudplayerinford.
Customers will love the integration of Amazon Cloud Player and SYNC Applink because they will be able to:
- Access their music playlists with the convenience of using voice recognition or dashboard controls
- Play music stored in Cloud Player or play back music stored on their mobile phone
- Enjoy eligible music in high-quality 256kbps audio
- Get rid of CDs, wires, and other ways they used to connect and listen to their music in the car
- Free up local storage space on their phones by storing and accessing music in the cloud
“We want customers to be able enjoy their entire music library wherever they want, from whatever device they choose. And we know that cars and music go hand-in-hand. That’s why we’re excited to bring Cloud Player to the car,” said Steve Boom, Vice President of Digital Music for Amazon.
There are already millions of customers using Amazon Cloud Player to download, manage and stream their music in the cloud and on Kindle Fire, Android devices, iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac, PC, Sonos, Roku and Samsung TVs. Now with the availability in Ford SYNC Applink-equipped cars, Amazon Cloud Player continues to offer the broadest selection of playback solutions of any major cloud music service.