Macrosoft Survey Finds Inefficient Utility Damage Assessment Processes Delays Power Restoration Efforts
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Macrosoft, a New Jersey based Information Technology Company conducted a survey studying Damage Assessment Practices followed by electric utilities, reporting common challenges and processes.
Respondents state that damage information is often left incomplete as the existing processes and tools are cumbersome and time consuming. Moreover, information collected is often inconsistent as assessors do not follow a structured data collection process.
Over 172 utility professionals participated in the survey providing information indicating most damage assessment procedure follows manual and paper processes to assess damages. Survey findings include:
- Over 90% indicate efficient damage assessment is a high contributing factor to successful power restoration.
- Only 19% are able to complete the restoration process on time.
- 62% of field assessors typically have smart phones.
- Over 83% are not entirely satisfied with their current process and tools.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV