Future Shop's Future Generation Tech Lab Program Awards 12 Canadian Schools With Grants
Additional two high schools awarded $20,000 in technology thanks to Samsung Hope for Children Smart School Grants
- Future Shop is excited to reveal the 12 schools sharing nearly $250,000 in Future Generation Tech Lab grants.
- Since 2008, the Future Generation Tech Lab program has awarded 48 secondary schools with the resources needed to update classroom technology necessary to inspire, motivate and empower today's students.
- As an added bonus, two additional Samsung Hope for Children Smart School Grants, each valued at $10,000.
BURNABY, BC, Feb. 13, 2013 /CNW/ - After reviewing more than 150 applications from schools seeking upgrades to their technology, Future Shop, Canada's largest retailer and etailer of consumer electronics, is pleased to announce grant recipients for this year's Future Generation Tech Lab program. The 2013 program is gifting nearly $250,000 in total grants to the 12 deserving schools across Canada for classes and programs focused on students in Grade 9-12. These schools submitted applications in November and December 2012 and were judged based on the impact of the technology on student learning potential.
"We know access to the latest technology fuels inspiration and creativity in high school students and we are excited to see the results this technology will bring to these 12 deserving schools," said Andrea Farnell, Community Relations Manager, Future Shop. "Some of the schools are already running amazing courses and the additional tech will allow them take it to the next level, while other schools are in desperate need of technology just to meet the basic needs of their students."The following 12 schools are recipients of a Future Generation Tech Lab grant:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV