CHICAGO, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Baylor University Medical Center ("Baylor Dallas"), the flagship of the Baylor Health Care System, has successfully implemented the Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) Sunrise Clinical Manager™ (SCM) for its Dallas campus. Sunrise Clinical Manager, an acute care Electronic Health Record, will help Baylor Dallas, one of America's Best Hospitals according to U.S. News & World Report, to transform its organization by providing the capabilities for Baylor to deliver better quality, safer care at a lower cost. This is the eleventh Baylor Health Care System affiliated-facility to implement Sunrise Clinical Manager.
The successful implementation on the Dallas campus included the Baylor Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital. One week into the activation, more than 78,000 orders were entered electronically into the SCM system by more than 700 physicians.
Sunrise Clinical Manager provides state-of-the-art Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE), as well as an integrated pharmacy, knowledge-based medication administration, a patient portal and acute and critical care solutions. Baylor Health Care System uses Sunrise Access Manager™, Sunrise Scheduling™, Sunrise Acute Care™, Sunrise Clinical Analytics™, Sunrise Pharmacy™ and Sunrise KBMA™. The combination of these solutions will help Baylor Dallas to improve patient care and increase efficiencies.
"Implementing an Electronic Health Record system has been the most significant culture change in our 110-year history," said Irving D. Prengler, M.D, CMO and VP of Medical Affairs at Baylor Dallas. "This is the beginning of a great journey to improve patient care and to enhance the work lives of our clinicians."Baylor Dallas is a nationally-recognized, faith-based nonprofit hospital that cares for more than 300,000 patients each year. The hospital has 1,065 licensed beds and is a major patient care, teaching and research center for the Southwest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV