DENVER, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CORHIO, the Colorado Regional Health Information Organization, announced today that HealthONE has signed an agreement to participate in its secure health information exchange (HIE) network. The seven HealthONE hospitals join 28 other hospitals around the state already connected to CORHIO, including Centura Health which operates 13 hospitals connected to the HIE network, of which seven are located in Metro Denver. HealthONE is a subsidiary of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), which is the nation's largest private hospital system.
The CORHIO HIE is a highly protected electronic network that links the medical records systems of doctors and other health care providers throughout Colorado. The HIE allows providers to exchange patient information, including lab test and pathology results, x-ray, MRI and other imaging reports, and physician transcription reports, when needed for patient care. To view a video that describes HIE, please visit http://youtu.be/9iO8NaVt6Sw.
Hospitals and health care providers that participate in HIE help to improve the overall quality of care that patients receive, including reducing delays in treatment and the need for redundant testing, which can be costly—and sometimes painful—for patients.
For patients who go to a hospital for care, studies have shown that coordinated after-hospital care is critically important to avoid serious complications. Too often, patients can end up back in the hospital within 30 days, something referred to as a "hospital readmission." By joining the CORHIO HIE, HealthONE and Centura Health have demonstrated a strong commitment to the health and wellbeing of Denver area patients because HIE will improve their communication with community-based physicians, home health nurses, skilled nursing facilities and other providers who can help patients regain their health and avoid unnecessary trips back to the hospital.The HealthONE system includes seven metro Denver hospitals, all of which are joining the CORHIO HIE:
- The Medical Center of Aurora
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center (P/SL) & Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
- Rose Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Swedish Medical Center
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV