This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Harris Poll Says Amazon Is Most Reputable Company: Hot Trends

NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Popular searches on the Internet include Harris Poll, otherwise known as the Harris Poll Reputation Quotient, which measures the reputation of the 60 most visible companies in the country by surveying over 14,000 members of the general public.

The company with the highest and best reputation in this year's Harris Poll was (AMZN - Get Report). According to the poll, Amazon ranked the highest in the categories of Emotional Appeal, Products & Services and is the most trusted company in the U.S. Half of all households surveyed had discussed Amazon in the last year and almost 100% of those discussions about the company were positive.

It is the first time Amazon took the top ranking in the survey, but it is its fifth consecutive year with a high reputation score.

Coming in second place was Apple (AAPL - Get Report), which was last year's most reputable company, and also took the highest place in this year's categories of Financial Performance and Vision & Leadership.

Rounding out the top five are Walt Disney (DIS - Get Report), Google (GOOG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ - Get Report).

The banking industry is still in negative territory according to the poll, though positive ratings of the industry are now 25%, a more than 50% increase from last year.

Comcast (CMCSA - Get Report) is trending as the cable company said it would pay $16.7 billion to acquire the rest of NBC Universal.

Comcast already owns 51% of NBCUniversal and is purchasing the remaining 49% from General Electric (GE - Get Report). GE sold Comcast its current stake in NBCUniversal in 2011. The two were expected to operate NBCUniversal as a joint venture at least until mid-2014.

Comcast expects the deal to close within the next six weeks.

1 of 2

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!
AAPL $124.75 0.00%
AMZN $375.56 0.00%
CMCSA $58.42 0.00%
DIS $106.69 0.00%
GE $27.25 0.00%


DOW 17,826.30 -279.47 -1.54%
S&P 500 2,081.18 -23.81 -1.13%
NASDAQ 4,931.8150 -75.9760 -1.52%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs