RevPAR for comparable owned and leased hotels increased 7.5% in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011. Occupancy improved 220 basis points and ADR increased 4.2% compared to the same period in 2011.
Revenues increased 4.9% in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011. Comparable hotel revenues increased 2.9% in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011.
Revenue for comparable owned and leased hotels was negatively impacted by weak performance in certain international markets and lower relative growth in non-room revenue at U.S. hotels.
Owned and leased hotel expenses increased 5.0% in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011. Excluding expenses related to benefit programs funded through rabbi trusts and non-comparable hotel expenses, expenses increased 4.3% in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011. Comparable expenses were negatively impacted by insurance costs. See the table on page 9 of the accompanying schedules for a reconciliation of comparable owned and leased hotels expenses to owned and leased hotels expenses.The following two hotels were added to the portfolio during the fourth quarter:
- Hyatt Regency Birmingham (owned, 319 rooms): This property was acquired by the Company for approximately $43 million. The property was previously and will continue to be managed by the Company.
- Andaz Amsterdam (leased, 122 rooms)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV