Myers Industries, Inc. (NYSE: MYE) today announced that after performing a thorough strategic analysis of the Lawn & Garden Segment, the Company is implementing an internal improvement project to enhance returns in this segment.
“While we continue to evaluate all options for our Lawn & Garden business, management has determined that initially the greatest additional value can be generated by addressing each piece of Lawn & Garden separately,” President and Chief Executive Officer John C. Orr said. “As such, the Company is implementing a cost reduction plan in the Nursery sub-segment. In the Greenhouse sub-segment the focus will be on simplifying and consolidating the business and balancing capacity with customer demand. As a result of these two internal projects, we expect to generate annual savings of $5 million starting in 2014. We expect this project will move our Lawn and Garden Segment closer to generating returns above our cost of capital.”
In addition to this project, the Company is exploring a number of other initiatives to increase the Lawn & Garden Segment’s value, potentially including improvement through external opportunities.
About Myers IndustriesMyers Industries, Inc. is an international manufacturer of polymer products for industrial, agricultural, automotive, commercial, and consumer markets. The Company is also the largest wholesale distributor of tools, equipment, and supplies for the tire, wheel and undervehicle service industry in the U.S. Visit www.myersindustries.com to learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV