NORWALK, Conn., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The following statement is for attribution to Guy L. Smith, Executive Vice President, Diageo North America:
"Almost ten years ago – in December 2003 – Diageo led the industry when it stood with a coalition of consumer and public health advocates to publically call on US regulators to allow Serving Fact information on beverage alcohol products. Today, we still cannot legally print this information on bottles and cans of distilled spirits, beer and wine but we are getting closer and we urge the Alcohol Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to help us cross the finish line.
"Yesterday, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) recommended that the TTB permit Alcohol Facts panels on some beverage alcohol products. We applaud the FTC for promoting the modernization of alcohol package labels and urge the TTB to approve such labeling. Diageo supports voluntary labeling for all beverage alcohol products – beer, wine and spirits – regardless of the serving size.
"It is simply common sense that consumers have easy access to this information – after all, alcohol beverages are the only consumable product that has been largely prohibited from including Serving Fact information on all of their labels. This information is important in helping consumers make informed and responsible decisions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV