Since Mr. Sullivan joined Legg Mason in September 2008 he served as Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer and then as the firm's Head of Global Distribution before being appointed interim Chief Executive Officer last fall. Prior to Legg Mason, Mr. Sullivan served on the Board of Directors of Stifel Financial and as Executive Vice President and Head of Fixed Income Capital Markets for Stifel Nicolaus from December 2005 until rejoining Legg Mason in 2008. Mr. Sullivan has more than 30 years of industry experience, holding prior executive roles at Legg Mason Wood Walker, Dain Bosworth and Piper Jaffray.
Mr. Sullivan holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from St. John's University (MN) and is a graduate of the Securities Industry Institute at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Sullivan is active in public service and committed to improving education having served as a member of the Boards of Trustees for Catholic Charities and St. Ignatius Loyola Academy, Chair of the Board of Trustees of Loyola Blakefield School, and President of the Baltimore Youth Hockey Association.
Background on Dennis Kass
Mr. Kass retired in 2012 as CEO of Jennison Associates, an asset management company wholly-owned by Prudential Financial, Inc., having served in this position since 2003. Previously, he had spent more than a decade with JP Morgan's Investment Management unit, culminating in the position of Vice Chairman of JP Morgan Fleming Asset Management.Mr. Kass served in the Reagan Administration from 1985 to 1987 as the Assistant Secretary of Labor for Pension and Welfare Benefits and was a Special Assistant to the President for Policy Development from 1981 to 1982. His early private sector roles included spending three years with Goldman Sachs as a Vice President in investment banking and pension advisory services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV