Mr. Sullivan said, "I am honored to have been selected as Legg Mason's new CEO, optimistic about our growth prospects, and fully committed to and believe in the Legg Mason affiliate business model. One of my top priorities when I assumed the Interim role in October was to bring our executive team, our affiliate leadership, and our Board together to create a shared vision for Legg Mason.
"That shared vision centers primarily on growth and we are firmly committed to working together toward that important goal," added Mr. Sullivan. "We will seek to do this organically and through acquisitions of teams and firms that build and diversify our affiliate managers and fill our product gaps. And, as always, we will also continue our efforts to be more efficient across all business functions.
"While much work remains to be done, I am excited about Legg Mason's future. We have outstanding world class asset managers, an excellent global distribution platform, and a strong balance sheet. With signs that the economy is improving and renewed confidence in the markets, I believe we are in an excellent position to compete, resume growth, and enhance shareholder value," added Mr. Sullivan.
Commenting on Mr. Kass' appointment to the Board, Mr. Reed said, "We are delighted to add
Dennis Kass as a new independent member of the Legg Mason Board. Dennis is a highly regarded executive in the asset management industry who has the insights of both a diversified global asset manager and of an affiliate company CEO. We are confident that he will bring a unique perspective that will be valuable to the Board of Legg Mason."
Background on Joseph Sullivan
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV